Hermetic Seal Types
- Ceramax is a patented phase changing compound that provides superior hermetic reliability and outstanding electrical performance with an operational temperature range of -269C to +450C.
- Effective for products with an electrical performance that is less than 2 GHz and vacuum applications.
- Ceramax seals are compatible with high expansion metal alloys giving Winchester the ability to seal copper alloy contacts into connector shell materials not possible with competing technologies.
- Aluminum, titanium and high expansion stainless steel alloys are just a few of the shell materials available.
Original Glass Seal
- Glass feedthroughs are particularly useful for high frequency match impedance connectors due to the crystalline amorphous properties of the glass which promote low loss signal transmissions.
- Effective for products with an electrical performance that is greater than 2 GHz.
- Compatible with iron alloys.
Oxide Free Glass Seal
Winchester’s oxide free glass seal eliminates the need for pre-oxidizing of the metal components prior to glass sealing. This lack of heavy oxide interface between glass and metal allows for:
- Increased pressure withstanding
- Higher levels of hermeticity
- Repeatable, reliable processing
- Eliminates the need for post oxide removal leaving the glass and metal clean, free of etching residue
Unique Hermetic Metallurgy
- A solid state process that uses chemical explosives to accelerate one metal into another at a high velocity to create a welded interface between the two metals.
- Creates bonds between metals that cannot necessarily be welded by conventional means.
- A joining process whereby a filler metal is heated to its melting temperature above 450C and distributed between two or more base materials while protected by an oxygen free (vacuum) atmosphere.
- High density, oxide free joints are created between the parent materials.
- Materials that cannot be bonded using other brazing processes are joined.
- A non-contact welding process that creates fusion and is ideally suited for assembly and integration of hermetic connectors due to its precise application and small heat affected zone.
- Very small connector components can be joined together and connectors can be mounted into higher level assemblies without distortion or damage.